Widgets Magazine

Thread: East Edmond 2050 Plan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: East Edmond 2050 Plan

They need to cut police funding and focus those funds to infrastructure. Edmond is well known for having more police on duty than crimes for the week, and bad traffic. Solve both.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    They need to cut police funding and focus those funds to infrastructure. Edmond is well known for having more police on duty than crimes for the week, and bad traffic. Solve both.
    It’s that funding that keeps our city as safe and secure as it is. For 2019 Edmond was the 80th safest city in the country having a population of 75,000 or more. In the state, Edmond is the #1 safest city for total crime rate composed of both violent and property crimes.

With respect to the topic at hand, our police don’t have the staffing to adequately patrol east of I-35 as it is. Defunding won’t fix that and developers won’t build if their materials and equipment are free to be stolen at will without any patrol deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I graduated from UCO and so that area is a soft spot for me, but don't live in Edmond, so don't really have a dog in this fight. I just had a couple comments that are probably mostly unrelated.

3) The only thing I want to see out of this is for the trail around Lake Arcadia to get done, and for some stubs to be put in place to eventually connect it to the rest of the metro trail network; Maybe also some foresight into alternate transportation mode connectivity back toward the west side, in particular as might pertain to any future commuter rail and bike infrastructure
    Lake Arcadia should be a big focus. There is a lot of potential it just takes risks. They need to complete the two parks on the east side then once done, renovate the three initial parks. Then they need to do the boardwalk and pier as has been tossed about for years. The scenic view from the patio of a nice restaurant looking west over the lake at sunset would eclipse anything you’d experience at Lake Hefner where you simply see houses and building in the distance.

Add to that the trail encircling the lake and it could be a go to spot in the metro.

I saw where Edmond is considering contracting the sheriffs for policing operations as opposed to using municipal police East if I-35 or at least the was a question in the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I saw where Edmond is considering contracting the sheriffs for policing operations as opposed to using municipal police East if I-35 or at least the was a question in the survey.
    Yeah that would never fly. The city has grown to accustomed to the level of service EPD provides. Those on the Sheriff side of the line would quickly grow bitter and let their voices be heard. I too found that question odd.

Thread Information