Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mexican Radio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Mexican Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Used to be an amazing taqueria located where The Pritchard is now back before the gentrification started.... There was a bit of a language barrier there back then but they made some great food.... Not sure if they closed or moved when that area started to take off.
    How long ago was that? I've lived in the Plaza/Gatewood/Las Vegas for 6 years but that is definitely within the gentrification period so I probably missed it.

2. Default Re: Mexican Radio

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    How long ago was that? I've lived in the Plaza/Gatewood/Las Vegas for 6 years but that is definitely within the gentrification period so I probably missed it.
    I would say about 8 years or so.... They also served a smothered burrito in one of the best salsa verde I ever tasted.

I would say about 8 years or so.... They also served a smothered burrito in one of the best salsa verde I ever tasted.
    Interesting, I actually got in an argument with someone the other day who was talking about an awesome taco place in the Plaza years ago and I was swearing up and down that they were thinking of Chiltepes haha, oops.

4. Default Re: Mexican Radio

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Interesting, I actually got in an argument with someone the other day who was talking about an awesome taco place in the Plaza years ago and I was swearing up and down that they were thinking of Chiltepes haha, oops.
    LOL... well a version of Chiltepes was there at the same time... Just most people thought it was just a Guatemalan convenience store.

LOL... well a version of Chiltepes was there at the same time... Just most people thought it was just a Guatemalan convenience store.
    Haha well I wouldn't be surprised if their food was an improvement over 2016 Chiltepes
    Very excited to see what Good Egg does with Mexican Radio though, I constantly look for an update as to either the menu or projected opening haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Having lived two blocks north of the Plaza for 25 years, it was almost empty when we moved in, and I remember a Mexican restaurant in what is now the quick store. Whoever was cooking was really good. There was a buffet, but the specials were amazing. One day, they had stuffed squid with grapes, something from southern Mexico. Too bad they were ahead of the curve.

Thread Information