Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ackerman McQueen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Ackmerman McQueen

Good article. Reading it made me late for work this morning. I would quibble with the dismissive mention of the Chickasaw Nation, as I believe they are much larger than the NRA.

But I will say this-Ackerman-McQueen has made the NRA what it is today. If the NRA is the 800lb gorilla in the room now, they would be a 10lb spider monkey without the work of A-M. It would still be 15 old white men in a hangar at Wiley Post meeting once a month, instead of NRA TV and all their other massive efforts across the USA. A-M makes a huge amount of money from the NRA, but the NRA has made much more over the years as a benefit of their partnership. The iconic image of Charlton Heston and "From my cold, dead hands!" is an eternal link to the NRA that was driven by A-M. The NRA was all too willing to bask in the glory of the good times. Complaining about A-M now is disingenuous, IMO.

One other thing: I personally don't like the NRA and what they do and stand for.
    Last edited by Dob Hooligan; 04-19-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thread Information