Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
a combo of both... i know someone who sat in on meetings to discuss putting the Dallas Stars ECHL team in OKC, and they were just basically told that they couldn't use Chesapeake arena, if they wanted to have any advertising or location for merch sales, and that there was zero room to negotiate on that. that no space would be given for a hockey store, and that just setting up tables would be the only option, and zero branding or advertising in the arena... the question was even asked about if they won the league could they put in a championship banner, and were told it would have to be taken down when games were not taking place... that if the needed these types of things, then Chesapeake arena was not an option... and since there is no long term plan for another facility in the city to house hockey... they left.
Don't doubt your source here. My question: Who owns Chesapeake Energy Arena--City of Oklahoma City or Professional Basketball Club LLC (PBC)?

If the Thunder are planning to hog The Peake, I'm all in favor of building a new multipurpose arena at Fair Park or Stockyards City. Let's invest in some of these areas that truly qualify & benefit for TIF funds.