Widgets Magazine

Thread: Over the air TV and sub-channels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Over the air TV and sub-channels

My hope is it is on 43.3 after Escape leaves. Kinda wondering about that because KAUT 43 and KFOR 4 are both owned by Tribune Media, who also owns the Antenna TV network. Although Decades is not a true competitor for Antenna TV, it is another Baby Boomer network. And it is a joint venture CBS and Weigel Broadcasting, who own Me-TV. I also think that is the reason that Cozi TV wasn't picked up in OKC. NBC Universal owns Cozi TV, but I think Tribune didn't want it on their stations because it was too close a competitor to Antenna TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    My hope is it is on 43.3 after Escape leaves. Kinda wondering about that because KAUT 43 and KFOR 4 are both owned by Tribune Media, who also owns the Antenna TV network. Although Decades is not a true competitor for Antenna TV, it is another Baby Boomer network. And it is a joint venture CBS and Weigel Broadcasting, who own Me-TV. I also think that is the reason that Cozi TV wasn't picked up in OKC. NBC Universal owns Cozi TV, but I think Tribune didn't want it on their stations because it was too close a competitor to Antenna TV.
    Do those channels offer original programs or is it just recycled programs from syndication?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Do those channels offer original programs or is it just recycled programs from syndication?
    I really really hope it's the latter. Plenty of other channels dipped their toes in the nostalgia pool, got tired of paying licensing fees, and quickly went to crap when they decided they needed "original content". If someone wants to enjoy Family Ties and Knight Rider reruns, what's wrong with that?

Thread Information