Widgets Magazine

Thread: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Instead of appartments, I would not mind seeing some midrise condos, with maybe some nice walking/bike trails that would someday connect with the Lake Arcadia trails to the south. The development could take place on other land in the area. I agree that this area with be a dynamic area of development. Lets get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Instead of appartments, I would not mind seeing some midrise condos, with maybe some nice walking/bike trails that would someday connect with the Lake Arcadia trails to the south. The development could take place on other land in the area. I agree that this area with be a dynamic area of development. Lets get it right.
    But thats the problem, I dont think there is demand for midrise condos, certainly not enough to go build a bunch of them. There is a market for apartments, which is why so many developers have tried to build some. But are told no and thats not what the town wants, even though there are plenty of people who would rent them. And you are also less likely to see any decent retail if you dont have anything in the way of a captive audience or a density of housing.

This!!

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post

Thread Information