Widgets Magazine

Thread: Save the food radio commercial

Angry Save the food radio commercial

Just an informal note to city terrestrial radio stations, (yes, some of us have vehicles with old fashioned AM-FM radio!)

Every time I hear the plate scraping commercial on your station, I immediately change stations and do not return for at least 24 hours. The infamous "Save the food" radio spot is annoying, and grates like fingernails on a chalkboard. (granted, that is probably what is intended) BUT. .

Its way overplayed
    It drives away your occasional listener

Listening to Radio 1000 and 1520 on the drive home does not last long for the aforementioned reason.

2. Default Re: Save the food radio commercial

AM/FM Radio? Is that kind of like one of those phones I see in old movies where they put their finger in a hole and spin a wheel to the right?

Default Re: Save the food radio commercial

As a listener of several local fm stations, I have never heard what you are referencing.

4. Default Re: Save the food radio commercial

I listen to a few FM radio stations and have never heard such a commercial.

I've heard it multiple times on 1520 and agree it's a very annoying commercial!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    AM/FM Radio? Is that kind of like one of those phones I see in old movies where they put their finger in a hole and spin a wheel to the right?
    I was thinking more along the lines of 2 soup cans and a piece of string.

I do listen to KTOK both to and from work on occasion, but have never heard this commercial either. Maybe because I have a fairly short commute.

https://www.adcouncil.org/Our-Campai...ing-Food-Waste you can here it at this link it's the 60 second radio version.

Clicked the link, and I must say if this is the worst part of your day, change lives with me.

Never heard that ad, but on satellite, there is this:

Seems legit, right?

Just for the record, the primary purveyors of this act of acoustic depravity are the two still semi listenable AM stations in the Greater OKC area 1000 and 1520. Both are rapidly becoming unlistenable as it is. Looking at the ratings, KOKC is listed as "N/A" (Their last listed rating was 0.5 last winter.) and KTOK is suffering at 3.2. This according to radio-ratings online.

Talk about letting the occasional customer slide by. These guys are not even making enough to power up their transmitters. But its truly sad as it also illustrates how much AM radio has fallen.

11. Default Re: Save the food radio commercial

Quote Originally Posted by whorton View Post
    Its way overplayed
    It drives away your occasional listener
    I feel the same way about the TV spot that's nothing but repetitive chanting (I think it's for Choctaw nation something-or-other). They play it so often (sometimes even back-to-back) that it makes me want to throw a brick through the TV. When that comes on, it's an immediate change of channel for me.

Oh yes, those two stations seem to play the same PSAs over and over. This one, the same old read.gov ads, and one or two others that weren't crafted well enough to stick in my memory.

I began listening to AM talk the summer of last year. Through it all, it seems that KTOK at least stayed consistent, where KOKC started off well enough and then began changing everything: dropping Herman Cain might not have been their fault, but they almost completely rotated their content. Red Eye Radio being preempted for the first hour for some paranormal show was a tipping point, and then their recent disassociation with CBS Radio News was the last straw—all along I was listening via various apps (marveling at the FM-like, if treble-heavy at times quality), and so I just started listening to various stations around the country. Problem solved. Except now I hear four or five variants of the Kars 4 Kids jingle, judged to be the worst ad ever.

Thread Information