Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Birthday Spots for a Large Group

Default Best Birthday Spots for a Large Group

I had a friend ask me about best spots in OKC for a birthday party of about 20 people in December. They could rent, but probably would prefer a place with a separate room for customers. My first two thoughts where R&J's upstairs room (may be too small though) or the two private lanes at Dust Bowl, but I know there are other good options. Thoughts?

2. Default Re: Best Birthday Spots for a Large Group

This is kind of off the beaten path but Rococo's was a pretty great spot for a work party I had to throw together. Good food and good atmosphere.

Default Re: Best Birthday Spots for a Large Group

R&J's upstairs rooms would definitely work. All the steakhouses have private rooms that could accommodate 20 people (Broadway 10, Red Prime, Mahogany, Ranch, etc.). Top Golf would be another fun option, or Nonesuch if the group is adventurous.

Ingrid's on 36th has a new area in the old Birkenstock store next door, Iron Star has a room, Red has an upstairs area, heard a server at Sauced talk to someone on the phone about their private areas, Meat Market Refectory was turning their market area into a private dining room when we went a few months ago but not sure if they're finished with it, Gabriella's might have a room. Not sure on size or pricing for any of them, though.

HangryHippo Guest

We had a really good time at Dust Bowl for a large party.

Chuck E. Cheese's

A few other suggestions I've received are McNellie's 2nd floor (side room), Pizzeria Gusto, Iron Star, and Guernsey Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    We had a really good time at Dust Bowl for a large party.
    Did you do the private lanes? Are they extra or do you just have to book them in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Chuck E. Cheese's
    Lol

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Did you do the private lanes? Are they extra or do you just have to book them in advance?
    We did. I think there was an extra charge and we did book them in advance.

Either all or a portion of the T Room at the Jones Assembly can be rented. I went to a birthday at the 21C penthouse and enjoyed it a lot; also, IIRC Mary Eddy's has a private room. I believe many of the taprooms around town will do private events/space rentals which could be something different and fun.

We attended a small birthday party on the upper level at Cafe do Brazil. Had appetizers and drinks only. In door / out door and was great. They have thermal heaters in the winter for the outside deck.

We didn't have to rent space, they just reserved 4 tables, and at the time if you were the designated driver then cokes were free.

We have a back room at Slaughters Hall that can be reserved for parties as well as the upstairs area of STAG that can be reserved. We are able to do off the menu or set up something special at either place.

14. Default Re: Best Birthday Spots for a Large Group

For a casual and more family friendly atmosphere, I've been to two private events at Bedlam BBQ's outdoor patio and it was great both times. They did buffets and each party hired a band. Plus, they had space for the kids to run around and play some corn-hole etc. Of course, it's pretty weather dependent.

Thread Information