Widgets Magazine

Thread: Convention Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Convention Center

But even in the case of the people here that have been actively involved in the streetcar committee, do any of you have the slightest clue about the schedule for finishing Santa Fe Station?

I did an article about a month ago and asked at that time, and absolutely no one could give me an answer. Just vague references to the tunnel to Bricktown being delayed due to the railroad.

This is exactly the type of thing that bothers me. Even the citizen committee doesn't know and when the City is asked directly, you can't even get a direct answer. So, they have now missed the timeline and there doesn't seem to be any commitment to a new time goal.

I've managed big construction projects and understand their complex nature, but it's this complete lack of accountability that is so maddening.

The bottom line is this: In specific projects that can be separated out and tracked (MAPS, Project 180, the City's piece of the OKC Boulevard) they are consistently way, way past the time estimates they provide, constantly miss budgets and cause lots of reduction in scope accordingly, and are pretty vague about even providing updates.

Default Re: Convention Center

But even in the case of the people here that have been actively involved in the streetcar committee, do any of you have the slightest clue about the schedule for finishing Santa Fe Station?

Yes we do.

I did an article about a month ago and asked at that time, and absolutely no one could give me an answer. Just vague references to the tunnel to Bricktown being delayed due to the railroad.

I missed your question about this as I do not visit the site every day. BNSF has held up the project. We are completely at their mercy. Even the Federal Government who has $14 million invested has to wait on BNSF. The street and plaza around the building was delayed by a major buried pipeline that had to be excavated 20' below the surface of the street and modified.

This is exactly the type of thing that bothers me. Even the citizen committee doesn't know. So, they have now missed the timeline and there doesn't seem to be any commitment to a new time goal.

We do know.

-it's this complete lack of accountability that is so maddening.

The streetcar, Santa Fe Station, and related oversight has been completely accountable to our committee.

The bottom line is this: In specific projects that can be separated out and tracked (MAPS, Project 180, the City's piece of the OKC Boulevard) they are consistently way, way past the time estimates they provide, constantly miss budgets and cause lots of reduction in scope accordingly, and are pretty vague about even providing updates.

Feel free to apply those sentiments anywhere but towards our project. I can't speak for those. Your sentiments are not unfounded and without merit.

Thread Information