Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stillwater | OSU Projects Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Stillwater | OSU Projects Thread

No doubt, Stan Clark, owner of Eskimo Joe's, loves news of another new apartment complex near him. Most people should love it that it isn't going to be on N. Perkins Rd. Hopefully, the developer has a good reputation for quality construction. At least one plan for an apartment complex has been rejected before in part due to the developer having poor feedback in other towns it was in.
    Seven-story apartment complex heads to Planning Commission
    http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/sev...7ff986895.html

Thanks for posting all the updates.

I really need to get out of my office and take photos more often.

It will be interesting to see if the planning commission approves the new apartment complex. We really need to encourage the owners on The Strip, Campus Corner and down Knoblock to bring in more businesses. Retail and restaurantsare needed in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    No doubt, Stan Clark, owner of Eskimo Joe's, loves news of another new apartment complex near him. Most people should love it that it isn't going to be on N. Perkins Rd. Hopefully, the developer has a good reputation for quality construction. At least one plan for an apartment complex has been rejected before in part due to the developer having poor feedback in other towns it was in.
    Seven-story apartment complex heads to Planning Commission
    http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/sev...7ff986895.html
    Ugh, the comments on this article. I know, dont read the comments. Its like none of those who commented have ever heard of market forces or consumer demand. They also dont seem to get the fact that this apartment will bring in exponentially more ad valorem dollars than what is currently there.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Ugh, the comments on this article. I know, dont read the comments. Its like none of those who commented have ever heard of market forces or consumer demand. They also dont seem to get the fact that this apartment will bring in exponentially more ad valorem dollars than what is currently there.
    The comments were mind-numbingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Unfortunately, Stillwater has a number of people who want to keep the old as is. One elderly woman has been writing long winded commentaries in the local paper about the need to protect the residential neighborhood at 12th and Western from commercial rezoning. Earlier she helped lead a successful campaign to continue making do with keeping the old junior high downtown as the community center. Other people, including myself, thought it should be torn down and replaced with an actual community center, like they did in Enid. Probably not a too bad decision, though, because if a newly built community center required raising the city sales tax from a vote, citizens probably would have rejected it.

I don't mind the plans for the apartment complex, if it comes with a good developer. It simply comes with living in a college town and the after effect of OSU buying and clearing out a large ghetto area where mostly students lived. But would rather the developers construct the exterior of the parking garage to make it look like apartments, rather than an obvious eyesore of an ugly multi-level parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Thanks for posting all the updates.

I really need to get out of my office and take photos more often.

It will be interesting to see if the planning commission approves the new apartment complex. We really need to encourage the owners on The Strip, Campus Corner and down Knoblock to bring in more businesses. Retail and restaurantsare needed in this area.
    Possibly real estate prices and leases have gone up so much in the areas, due to new apartment complex construction, that a lot of new businesses are going to be priced out of the market until prices come down. IGA got priced out of there. It would still be there, instead of Sprouts, if nothing new was going on. Not many businesses have the money Sprouts has.

I'm hoping for more retail on the ground floor of these apartment complexes. Not that we need another sandwich shop or nail salon, but you should be providing some sort of services. Especially with this so close to campus.

Thread Information