Widgets Magazine

Thread: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

It's out in the middle of nowhere. I don't know why the city decided to focus on this area but they need some anchors. I don't know the behind the scenes on this deal but there were tons of discussions. The good news is they're not out of pocket if it doesn't happen. I wonder if the new Warren is scaring them.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    It's out in the middle of nowhere. I don't know why the city decided to focus on this area but they need some anchors. I don't know the behind the scenes on this deal but there were tons of discussions. The good news is they're not out of pocket if it doesn't happen. I wonder if the new Warren is scaring them.
    I don't call this the middle of nowhere. This is going to be a big central area in a few years. By the way Starbucks is going before the planning commission. More stuff going in.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I don't call this the middle of nowhere. This is going to be a big central area in a few years. By the way Starbucks is going before the planning commission. More stuff going in.
    It will likely get a lot of business from Stillwater and Enid. I doubt those two towns have any major new retail for competition, such as a movie theater or large strip mall in the works. In Stillwater, the owner of the SW corner of 6th and Country Club Rd. has been trying to land an anchor for a strip mall for many years without any luck.

When the Covell Parkway is finished and runs from around Sante Fe to I-35 and east to Douglas north to Waterloo and then back to I-35, add a bunch more homes that are in the works east of I -35 and yes it will be a busy area. Just look at the intersection with Sooner! The plan is a major busy area.

Thread Information