Widgets Magazine

Thread: AT&T U-verse/internet

Default AT&T U-verse/internet

So pissed at Att right now I can't see straight. ONG cut a line in our neighborhood. I know this because I asked them. They said yes we did and also cut a Cox cable line. Cox was out and worked for quite a while to repair the line. Att never showed up and I spent 2 hours trying to report the issue. Got so many different stories I won't go into it. Finally was told I'd have to wait until
    Between 8-12 tomorrow so they could make sure it wasn't something on my property. Then they could report the cut line.

AT&T has set the bar for worst tech support. Rant over.

Default Re: AT&T U-verse/internet

In other words AT&T is still AT&T.

I don't understand why people give them money. They've been shafting customers for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    I don't understand why people give them money.
    Because the other option is Cox.

Put in a pool 2 years ago and the markings showed the AT&T line was beyond the easement. I called and warned them before the dig started and after mass confusion their approach was essentially just hope it doesn't get cut/deal with it afterwards. Sure as heck the line got cut and several neighbors were affected until they came out and laid a new line.

Thought it was funny they tried to sell me U-verse on one of the calls.

Well, 45 hours later I still have no TV or internet. Best I can get is transferred from one clueless tech person to another on their worthless 800 number. Not even pissed any more. It's simply comical how incompetent they are. Weirdest part is there's not even been an AT& T truck around here to check it out !

Well, it took 2 full days but I finally have tv and internet. 2 of their guys came by to explain what was going on. They were really nice but one tried to BS me and say they had been working on the situation. I politely told him no they had not as there had not been a truck in the neighborhood all day. Oh well. Off the watch the Open Championship!...finally!

Put in a new fence 2 years ago. Had OKIE come out and mark all the lines. Still managed to punch holes in the AT&T cable as it was incorrectly laid outside their easement. Then last year they came through and destroyed my front yard with 3 large holes when they ran their cable. They never fixed one of the holes, tried to hide all their trash in the second one by covering it with some dead grass, and never bothered to sod the last one.

8. Default Re: AT&T U-verse/internet

We had to put mom in a nursing home in March. The facility suggested ATT for phone service if we wanted it because their system is ATT. I've said this before but I've been an electrician for almost 40 years. Mostly spent specializing in communications, security and control systems. An ATT tech came out to do the install. It took 4 hours to do what I could have done in 40 minutes tops. Just a couple weeks later the facility had a room open up near the nurses station and they wanted to move mom there. I called ATT to do the move. The tech came out and was going to start all over from their "switch" a block away. I had to explain to him that all he had to do was change the wires to the two rooms on the terminal block in a storage room. Then the bill had a $99 moving fee.

Thread Information