It's a bit frustrating to see Edmond city officials continue to grant approval to areas of development which compound flooding issues. The heavy rains on Friday and areas of flooding reminded me that city officials seem to be more concerned about development than they are they about how particular development increase flooding problems. Danforth and Western (and several places near Chishom Creek) were prone to flooding before development. But now the problem is only getting worse.

The problem is west, north and east Edmond. I noticed near flooding issues near the new Town Square addition around Danforth between Sooner and Coltrane. I drove by upcoming development in northeast Edmond to grasp how large the 450 and 350 new home additions will be. They are massive. I can't help but wonder if the City of Edmond have thoroughly completed their due diligence in determining where the amount of run off water will go.

At this point I have little confidence with the City of Edmond actually handling this problem.