Hi Folks,

Just a heads-up to DTV customers: sometime late last week I noticed a duplicated Channel 5 (Local ABC) and 25 on (Local Fox) on DTV's line-up. Last night I discovered that they're not actually duplicates: they're HDTV versions of the two channels. This is especially welcome in the case of Channel 5, as it is the only major player in the metro that transmits it's digital signel in VHF, rather than UHF and, consequently, some Over-the-Air (OTA) folks have trouble receiving it out here in the Burbs (my attic antenna is UHF-only, as is my LNA: I wanted to achieve as much UHF gain as possible, and I get great reception at 30miles + from the antenna farm, but at the cost of VHF).

Not sure when the other locals will be added and, of course, all of this was supposed to happen last year, but at least it's finally getting done.

Preliminary, and cursory, comparison of OTA HD Fox and DTV HD Fox during some NASCar last night seemed to reveal that the DTV signal is not quite as sharp as the OTA signal but I didn't really expect it to be. Don't get me wrong: it looks great. I suppose that, after I got hooked on HD, I got a bit spoiled too: I want every bit of clarity possible.