Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
Panda: Sometimes, when you say "Edmond", it is hard to understand who you are referring to. The City of Edmond government, Edmond's commercial enterprises, or the conglomerate of these that have to work together to make things happen?
EEDA and the City of Edmond. I'm not sure who else would be involved in this besides the banks, Marriott, and ODOT. Although everyone one of those things are pretty much irrelevant except the bank but my argument on that is something always seems to happen with Edmond and it gets to a point where excuses become nothing more and the city, who started this project, is to blame.

So I am not sure if your are referring to the individual departments within the city such as financing or the Edmond Convention and Visitors Bureau. I am not an expert on city planning and how each department exactly works and which ones play a role in this project. My only assumption would be nearly all of them since they is a public/private project and would benefit the entire city as a whole.

ODOT is only merely working with the city per their request and providing a little over half of the road project. They are overseeing the Covell widening until it is finished. I believe they did the same for the Covell and Kelly project.

I can certainly understand a few delays, but we are closing in on 5 years after over a decade of planning. This stuff was planned in the 90's. Let's get real. This is a small, suburban hotel and nothing is ambitious about it. I'm not even a fan of the flag, location, or design, yet I want to see it going so it can help spur more development in the area.

BTW, let's remember, Edmond's "commercial enterprises" weren't particularly thrilled with this project to begin with since this hotel was receiving large subsidies and they didn't. Mostly the hotel chains on 2nd St. near I-35. At least that is what I remember.