Hey guys. I came across an article or two today regarding a teacher shortage and budget shortfall for the education system. The proposal to circumvent the issue is to go to 4 day school weeks.

Oklahoma Schools Condensing Schedule to Save Money, Attract Teachers | KGOU

The Problem Behind The Oklahoma Teacher Shortage - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

They are using the shorter schedule to try and attract teachers. I find this to be embarrassing. First, there is a national problem with teacher pay. It is way too low, but that being said, Oklahoma is near the bottom of the list in teacher salary which is a bigger problem. Teachers aren't leaving the state because of schedules, they are leaving because of pay and a better educational system.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

I heard the other day that Oklahoma has more school districts than California. It makes sense because of all of the rural areas, but all the districts are probably part of the reason why we have issues.

We get a lot of money from the oil industry among others. Where does it all go?? We have some of the worst roads and worst schools and our current administration has done nothing to improve it. I wish I could see our annual budget for the state and see where our money goes. What are y'all's thoughts on our state's situation?