Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
OnCue, and a lot of other convenience stores, model their stores after QT. QT is always a step ahead and their new models with the kitchen's are top notch. QT for life!!!!
OnCue actually thinks extremely highly of QT - so much so that they have borrowed a lot of ideas from them. Some of OnCue's older store layouts, like Store #100 at SW 59th and Western, are highly reminiscent of a QT in many respects. Jim Griffith, the CEO of OnCue, has even been quoted as saying, "One of the biggest compliments I have," Griffith said, "is when someone says, 'Gosh, your stores remind me of a QuikTrip'." (Respecting QuikTrip | CSPnet)

Sadly, though, I don't think we'll see QuikTrip come into the OKC market unless something changes drastically... From this article in the Tulsa World:
During the talk, Cadieux said widely held misconceptions have surfaced about why the chain doesn’t have stores in Oklahoma City, the nearest metro area to its home base in Tulsa. He said QuikTrip doesn’t have any agreements or contracts with anyone.

“When we were founded in 1958, there were just 300 convenience stores in the United States,” Cadieux said. “It just so happened that a few of those 300 were in Oklahoma City.”

He said Bill Brown, owner of the Oklahoma City 7-11 locations that are still owned by Brown’s family, gave the Cadieuxes valuable business advice during QuikTrip’s early years.

“If it wasn’t for Brown, we wouldn’t be in business,” he said. “As long as Brown’s family owns those stores, it would be unconscionable to open there."
Though this disappoints me, I do have to say it makes me think even more highly of QT.