Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The comments from Webb are accurate, and I agree. The thing is that Tulsa has a more concentrated population of higher incomes, which is very attractive to national retailers. In compared to OKC, which our incomes are more sprawled out, moreover, the higher incomes in this area are actually in the suburbs of Edmond, Norman, Moore, etc. If you really look at it, OKC proper does not have a high concentration of high income areas with exception of the Nichols Hills/Penn Square area, and the Earlywine/SW 134th area. Its about the concentration of high incomes not who has more than the other. South Tulsa is like one big Edmond, then you have Jenks, Broken Arrow, etc. These are very high income areas that are concentrated in smaller per square mile radius, which is a national retailers dream. Even though OKC might have more momentum, more people, the population of higher incomes and the concentration of those areas goes to Tulsa. Tulsa's road infrastructure is also more appealing, and city beautification up to par. Don't get me wrong, I love my OKC like the next person, but sometimes you just have to face the facts.