BREITBART.COM - Bangor Makes It Illegal to Smoke in Cars

This article outlines one city has outlawed smoking in a vehicle when those under 18 are present. It would be a primary offence meaning that you can be pulled over for it rather than having to be pulled over for something else first.

How do you feel about this? Should Oklahoma follow suit?

My parents smoked while my siblings and I were in the car and I never experienced any negative effects other than disliking the smell. I'm not a smoker but I feel that while I believe smokers should have every right to their habit, they need to try to isolate any effects it could have on their children. Most smokers I know are very careful around their children when smoking, especially in the car, but I know not everyone is. Even so, I'm a little torn on the issue. More than likely the children are exposed to more smoking at home than they are in the car so what difference is this law going to make? Could it be a stepping stone to eliminating smoking everywhere, even in the home?

In the grand scheme of things, will smoking cigarettes one day end up being illegal altogether? If not, why isn't marijuana legal? Not that I smoke either, but I've never understood why tobacco (and alcohol) is legal but pot isn't. My guess is that if marijuana growers had as big of a lobby in congress as tobacco it would be legal.