Steve said this about a possible Nordstrom coming to OKC

Guest 10:43 a.m. One thing lacking in OKC is a major retailer such as a Nordstrom. We need something that is a step up from Dillard's. And...the Saks at the outlet shops is absolutely not the answer; night and day between Saks off Fifth and an actual Saks Fifth Avenue. Do you see anything to address this need in the future??? Thanks.

Steve Lackmeyer 10:44 a.m. I don't see it happening. The truth is the era of department stores is seen by many as coming to an end, or at least the days of department stores expanding are certainly over.
So that is why Von Maur came here? I also believe a couple new large department stores are coming to Dallas building on malls and possibly an expansion of one.

Steve also said in one of his previous chats the era(or days I think he said) of big box stores was over , but we are seeing new big box stores being built all over the city. Dallas and Houston is the same way. Here we have Chisholm Creek Development, new Sam's, Costco in Tulsa, multiple big box stores coming to Covell and I-35 in Edmond, new store Old Navy and some other one being built in MWC, Gander Mountain likely to 240, WinCo.... I could on and on.

I don't believe that OKC won't see an expansion of department stores. I think it's only a matter of time before a Belk, Nordstrom, or Saks is announced for here. We'll see I guess.