Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman12 View Post
LOL Too bad you can't block OKCBoomer from this forum Venture. He's obviously ignorant to the people on this site. Your absolutely right Plutonic Panda, we risk our lives because we love to help and give vital information to save lives. Tornadoes are going to happen in this state no matter what so we might as well study them. OKCboomer, If all of us chasers stop chasing tell me how much warning time you would have... I know that radars can detect rotation but many times it's hard to tell if one is actually touching the ground. Also, you think we are sick and twisted and filling a void in our lives? So are you saying people that fight fires are sick? Do police officers become police officers so they can shoot someone and fill a sick void? The answer is no, there's actually people out there trying to help and keep this world safe. I'm sorry that someone has made you such a sad disappointing person that doesn't have a d@mn thing to believe in. Do you always think people are out to get you? Are you the type that thinks the government controls our weather? Lol I mean you act like us chasers create the d@mn tornado. Good day to you sir.
Alright let's dial it back a little bit. In reality I don't view storm chasers anywhere near the same level as emergency responders. The majority of people chaser aren't reporting their observations back to the local NWS office or Skywarn coordinator. Most aren't doing reports for the media or EOC. Most are out their for personal reasons and the closest thing they will do to submitting a report is a YouTube video.

With that said, there are many who are out there for academic reasons and also to be the eyes for NWS and emergency response. Let's keep it realistic though. While I'm not saying you are one who doesn't report anything, most out there don't.

Regardless, ground truth observations are always going to be needed and are something that can't be done alone with just local media and their band of egos speeding around. I loved listening to the local frequencies with all the spotters reporting in and moving around to make sure they had everything covered. The vast amount of spotter/chaser coverage here is both a great thing and a curse. A great thing that nothing really slips by...a curse because 2-lane country highways now become mile long backups because there are so many doing it now.