^^^^

"McDonald's has been on a health kick lately. It's been promoting its grilled chicken salads and recently added breakfast sandwiches made with egg whites. Sonic, on the other hand, is crediting no small part of the success of its most recent quarter to its milkshakes and new Cheesecake Bites. Consumers may talk about eating healthier, but they do something else when they're eating out. We're seeing this in the chains that continue to do well. Chipotle Mexican Grill's (CMG) chunky burritos aren't healthy. Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) throws portion control to the wind with entrees that could feed entire families.

Sonic, by the same token, is merrily rolling along, blending up peanut-butter-and-bacon shakes. (Yes, that's a thing.)"

That's a little depressing to read. I am always looking for healthier, low calorie options at fast food restaurants when I'm on the run and Sonic has few offerings. I guess I'm in the minority because the only thing I'll order at McDonald's are a strawberry/banana smoothie and the egg white delight breakfast sandwich.