So many threads have been started up about travel to exotic places both far and wide outside of the United States and pretty much on the other side of the world.

My question is where would you like to get away to either here in Oklahoma for a staycay or one of our bordering states?

For me, in Oklahoma, it would have to be either Medicine Park down by the Wichita Mountains or down in far southeastern Oklahoma in the Ouachita range area, which I have never been to (I've been on the Talahina Drive but only to go to the Veterans Home and no further) and can only imagine is very beautiful this time of year with the leaves changing over. As for outside Oklahoma, in a state the borders our state, I'd have to go with Colorado. I just love the mountains. It's something that here is not, lots of altitude change, hiking, camping, outdoorsy. To be outdoorsy here isn't like there. I would live in Colorado if I could. There is just tons of activity in Colorado. One thing I have yet to do that I'd like to do is trace the original route of the Denver Rio Grand & Southern which dropped west and south out of Durango, wrapped around through Mancos, northwesterly toward Delores, then back northeastward toward Telluride and then back up and around to Ridgeway. Most of that highway was built on the original narrow gauge line. There's a spot between Hermosa and Mancos that still has a watering tower on the line. If it wasn't trespassing, I'd love to find that tower and take a pic of a relic from the past!

The following pic is from the Denver & Rio Grand Western line between Cumbers, NM & Durango, CO.

My knowledge of the old narrow gauge lines of Southern/Central Colorado and Northern New Mexico is like Doug Dawg's extensive research of the former interurban and trolley lines of OKC. It IS my hobby, lol. I think it'd be fun to hike portions of the line. That's my regional vacation spot.

So how about the rest of you?