I believe everyone deserves to make a descent wage, while at the same time I believe that skill, experience and the duties of the job dictate how much you can make.

In my book wage is a supply and demand thing. The more people that exist in the marketplace that can do your job the less money your going to make. The fewer people that exist that can do your job the more money your going to make. Therefore, you should always seek employment that not everyone can do or at least look for a company that pays you a wage you feel comfortable making. If you don' t like the wage, you shouldn't except the job. If you have no choice because you need to eat, you should continue looking for something better in your free time outside of that job.

One thing I have noticed is that with every minimum wage increase the price of a fast food combo usually somewhere in the neighborhood of the current minimum wage. Ex: Burger, fries, coke usually cost about $6-$8 at most fast food outlets today. I am already limiting my fast food because I'll be hitting 40 in a year and a half. Let's face it the older you get the more problems you have if you don't eat healthy. If a combo goes to $15- $18 you can pretty much guarantee my fast food days will be history. I can buy a dinner for that at most casual dining restaurants for that price. If I'm paying $20 for food, I want table service. I'm not paying that much for something thrown together, thrown in a wrapper and put in a bag. Fast food service is not worth $15. The orders are consistently wrong, the food is not always fresh and the attitudes of many fast food workers are less than professional.

If the fast food industry is able to achieve $15 an hour you can guarantee it will come at a price. You will see more automation and few workers on duty. Many fast food places already use a self service ordering system and you might even see dining rooms go away or only open during peak hours.