I have been in OKC for a year now after moving from Charlotte. I love the job I have here and this was definitely an excellent career move for me. However, my social life still is pretty much limited to Skyping with friends back in Charlotte. The thing is, I am an introvert so I don't make friends as easily as a lot of people. I find myself unique in that I am a guy who doesn't like sports except for being a casual Thunder follower and am into the arts. I am also in my late 20s and not married yet and don't want to be for a few more years. I am also the kind of guy who likes to get out and do stuff. So far, my attempt to discover my niche in OKC has been very rocky.

I have tried the church scene and have tried most of the most popular churches around town i.e. Lifechurch, Victory, Crossings, etc and have found that the church scene is very family oriented and I stick out like a sore thumb being 28 now and not married (this wasn't a problem in Charlotte). I have not found anywhere with an active singles group like where I went out in Charlotte. I have done some volunteer work since I've been here but didn't form lasting relationships that way. How else is there to meet people in this city? I haven't tried Meetup.com because I had a terrible experience with it when I moved to Charlotte. Maybe its better here and need to face my fear. Nonetheless, being an introvert is a huge hurdle I have to overcome but I did it easily in Charlotte so it would make sense that I should be able to here.

Despite sometimes being overly harsh on OKC on this forum I think it's a city I could learn to love if I could find my niche. For those on this forum who relocated from elsewhere, knowing nobody here, how long did it take you to really feel at home and how did you go about it?