Fort Worth-Arlington area is where all the new growth is in the Metroplex. Dallas is 95% occupied--litte room for growth.

The 2012 population estimate for Fort Worth is 777,000 and Arlington is 375,000. Arlington is about the size of Tulsa.

Source: U.S. Census Quick Facts State and County QuickFacts

The MLB Texas Rangers and the NFL Dallas Cowboys reside in Arlington in separate venues. We know the City of Arlington and the Rangers built the Ballpark and the Cowboys built AT&T (JerrysWorld).

We are fortunate, our sales tax rates range is 8.25-8.375 cents/dollar in the OKC area; the Metroplex sales tax rate range from 9 -12 cents/dollar. Event Parking around the American Airlines Center (Mavericks/Stars) is $30 to $50. We pay $5 - $15 on nights the Thunder are home.

I own property in Oklahoma and Texas and when I claimed 'homestead' when I lived here vs. when I was living in the Metroplex (can't claim both states at the same time); I paid two-three times in property taxes more in Texas than in Oklahoma--whichever state I qualified for the exemption. My property in East Texas is much cheaper. You pay the County and the School District in most Texas city/county arrangements.