I see a lot of talk on here all the time about commuter rail system. While rail systems are great, look nice, and don't clog roads, they're expensive.

Is there ever talk of commuter bus lines from areas like Norman, Edmond, Moore, Yukon, etc? In Houston the commuter buses are successful and enjoy high ridership. I worked downtown Houston for a summer and took the bus in from Katy daily. Those buses would use HOV lanes on the local interstates (not applicable here), enter downtown and make stops every other block along Louisiana St. OKC doesn't have the same size of downtown, so you could eliminate those stops and have each commuter bus just drop everyone off at the downtown transit center and folks could walk from there.

Something like this would lead to increased ridership on the local buses as well. Routes from the transit center to the medical center could be used more, etc.

I don't study transit like many of you guys here, and I wouldn't even be able to use this as my job requires me to have my vehicle handy 24/7, but I've seen it work elsewhere and think it could be applied here.