Mid: I work in the am a graphic designer & work in the printing industry and while there can be some delays as you described (as in the decision that leads to the policy being approved), often these types of mailers are fast tracked ...designed, approved, printed and mailed within weeks or even days. While I am not against conservation in general and practice it myself without government telling me to do so, to have "Mandatory Odd/Even Lawn Watering" in place as the "Normal" is absurd (language in quotes if from the City flyer/flier).

Also from the flier:
Oklahoma's lakes and reservoirs are still suffering from the drought. And when water levels are down, it's time to dive into action. Oklahoma City and surrounding communities have implemented Progressive Water Conservation Stages. Mandatory odd/even watering (Stage 1) is now permanently in effect.
Emphasis added. What about when water levels are up? By the same rational, they should suspend the mandatory rules.

RadMod: not a climate change denier, just that weather is always changing, but it also goes thru cycles that are sometimes years/or decades in duration.