Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
Nope. Rose State is a community college. UCO is organized under the regional university system of Oklahoma. The main difference is that on Rose States' campus, you'll find a lot of Associates degree programs (I don't think UCO offers those at all). Associates degrees tend to focus more on the subject area, where a bachelor's is going to include things like a requirement that you take liberal arts classes, classes on philosophy, humanities, world languages, etc.

UCO does have an extension at Rose State where students can take classes on Rose State's campus but receive credit towards a bachelor's degree. That's one of the values of a place like Rose State--they're reaching out to students who ordinarily couldn't obtain higher education due to work requirements, having a family, etc., and doing it at a fraction of the cost of a for-profit school (compare $79 per credit at Rose to sometimes in the neighborhood of $1,000 per credit at some for-profit schools) and at the same time providing a better quality education as well as a more recognizable degree to get students further in the workplace.

Rose has a lot of programs you won't find at UCO and vice versa. If you want to get a quick 2-year paralegal certificate, you can go from flipping burgers to a $25/hour job with benefits and do it without incurring massive student debt.

Education is one of the government's core functions and a no vote here is going to result in the decay of Rose's campus and just result in the taxpayers being hit up for even more money after more decay occurs.
Aha, I see. So Francis Tuttle would be kind of like that, but more for specialty type classes and engineering, I'm guessing. Well, it makes sense anyways. About Rose State.