Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
The game I'm remembering was a day game. I know I was not at that frozen A&M debacle.

Yeah, I've been buying cheap tickets on game day for the last 25 years, and I've paid more than face exactly once - 2000 Nebraska - so that's why I've always kinda looked at the "waiting list" with a jaundiced eye. There aren't 20K people down there every game day buying up every ticket in existence. Agree completely that the "waiting list" doesn't begin to justify any big expansion.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread. Just saying (and in an indirect way agreeing) that the success of the team on the field plays no small part in determining its financial success as the ticket price increases, and that's a "bumpy road" we've not yet had to trod with the Thunder. Back when the only thing in OKC was the 89ers, ol' Bing and Patty Cox Hampton became masterful marketeers of "entertainment baseball" as a family outing rather than focusing on the wins and losses. And it worked. But that's much harder to do with a real, top-level pro sports franchise.

Still no takers on the legality of OU selling alcohol at OMS during home games?? Surely someone out there knows for sure..
Derail as much as you want... before you did there was as much wishful thinking in here as there is on the Mystery Tower thread