Too bad it wasn't coming to Bricktown. I guess it will just be another square building! Oh well! With Barnes and Noble just across the street, I wonder if this store will survive. Probably. Anyways, I just wish it was coming to Bricktown. I'm tired of Memorial Rd. stealing all of the thunder from downtown. Although I like to see development, I'm not a big fan of Memorial Rd. development, because it just furthers the cause of urban sprawl, and steals thunder from Bricktown.
-----------
New bookstore coming to north Oklahoma City
View the pictures
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004

OKCBusiness NewsWire

New bookstore coming to north Oklahoma City
Books-A-Million, the third largest book retailer in the nation, will make its debut to the Oklahoma City market in January 2005.

The bookstore, which is headquartered in Birmingham, Ala., will open its metro location in the former Just For Feet building at 2300 W. Memorial Road, located in the Quail Springs Marketplace shopping center.
Renovations on the 17,000 square foot building began Nov. 3 and are scheduled to be completed early January, in time for the Jan. 21 opening. Mark Williams, of DH French Construction Company, is the project manager in charge of renovations.
Blanton Properties is representing the property.
Joe Muggs Cafe will occupy 2,000 square feet of the renovated building. Joe Muggs is Books-A-Million's most recent store concept and features gourmet coffees, teas, desserts and brewing supplies.

Books-A-Millions was founded in 1917, and operates more than 200 stores in 18 states. Merchandise includes magazines, bargain books and greeting cards.