Quote Originally Posted by JohnH_in_OKC View Post
I applaud your insight on OKC and America. Our conservative friends are so myopic, they can't see the forest for the trees!

I can't believe that some state legislators and our governor want to decrease taxes on the very wealthy before fixing our state Capitol building!

Our nation and the world would be better off if we taxed the rich a lot more (since the top 2% of the wealthy NOW own half of America's wealth), and spent more money investing in the American people like we did in the 1950's when we built America's Interstate Highways, built Tinker AFB, started the space program, paid for humongous World War II debts, the Korean War, the MacArthur Plan to rebuild Europe, the GI bill to pay for college and homes for returning Veterans and BALANCED the federal budget. The inequality of our current tax system (where the rich are paying proportionally less than ever) is really screwing up America's goal of a strong middle class. The wealthy's opulence is not trickling down. We need to bring back the economy and truly graduated taxation of the 1950's and 1960's. If we reversed our idiotic tax structure, America could start reinvesting in itself and our middle class.

Sorry I got political in a forum about OKC in the press. In spite of my taxation opinions, I'm a big supporter of all the MAPS programs that are dedicated to making OKC's infrastructure so much more aesthetic & useful and is our gift to future generations. I am really proud that my city of birth is setting an example to be emulated by many other of our nation's cities.

John Hite, retired, Oklahoma City
Note: After posting this comment here, I started a similar post in the POLITICS OKC Forum. Here's a link if you want to reply: http://www.okctalk.com/politics/3217...ervatives.html