Would you prefer to dine without the sounds of a crying baby or the screams of a 4-year-old ? How would you like to sit in a booth at a restaurant without having to worry about someone's precious little 2-year-old crawling over from the other booth and putting his finger in your ear? (This really happened to us last week.)

As for me, I'm getting sick and tired of going out, spending good money on a nice meal and having to put up with these people and their ill-behaved children and crying babies. On many occasions, I've had to ask the waitstaff to relocate my party and I because the noise was so bad. And when the waiter or waitress has to move someone, it usually means they have to give up their table to another waiter and miss out on a tip, and that's not right.

It's not that I'm anti-children -- I'm not. But if I'm spending my hard earned money on a night out in a restaurant, I shouldn't have to put up with unruly little kids and their do-nothing parents. Not only am I paying for food and service, I'm paying for the atmosphere -- I'm paying for the experience of being someplace else.

The parents of the little kid that crawled over the booth did nothing but tell him to stop. Luckily, they left a minute later. If I'd have done that when I was a kid, I would have gotten a good butt-chewing and maybe a small spanking. But I guess parents don't do the discipline thing anymore.

Anyway, I would love it if restaurants had Children and Non-Children sections. I understand parents need to eat out too and they can't always leave the kids with grandma or the sitter. But it would be nice if they had their own section. Does anyone think this is a good idea?