Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
There are a great number of people in Oklahoma that do not like that life style and enjoy a more suburban life or the activities found in rural life style. Even if it’s not what the way I would choose live it’s their prerogative and right to live that way and will I will defend it at the ballot box and elsewhere.
I live in NW Norman on a ˝ acre lot and I know I won’t ever live in a true urban environment in my life again, at least until I get too old to take care of what I have. I can drive trouble free to about 95% of my needs on this side of town about 99.99 % of the time in less than 8 minutes.
First of all, central Norman is not the place where people who want a suburban or rural lifestyle should consider living- so why adapt central Norman to their preferences?

It's really as simple as this: You can get everywhere you need to go in 8 minutes in your car. But people without a car, or who prefer not to use one, are forced into inconvenient or downright unsafe conditions. So, what is the real transportation problem in Norman? Which group needs your defense at the ballot box? Which group is in need of improved conditions in the transportation network?