http://normantranscript.com/headline...portation-plan

The City of Norman is beginning a comprehensive "Moving Forward" transportation plan that I am building some interest in. It sounds like they may be getting serious about updating Norman in terms of roads and transportation.

I would like to hear some ideas that you all would like to see done here in Norman that could realistically be accomplished and have a major affect on improving our city.

I know it has been discussed before, but I would like to see some North-South 4 lane roads through town. Driving down Berry Rd and Flood, I really do not see any reason why one of those roads could not be 4-laned from Robinson to at least Main St. The nearest are Porter on the east and 24th on the west.

I was hoping to see hwy 37 in Newcastle cross the river connecting from the Newcastle 44 Hwy to NE 24th St in North Norman. At the time Indian Hills looked like the best option to do so. That would give Norman great access into and out of town and a great northside east/west route to get from one side of town to the other. Could that still be done given Andy's expansion and Hey Days?

Please discuss, add ideas, and tear down mine if need be. I just would like to see Norman work ahead of the curve instead of behind it. Let's plan for the future population before it's too late to make easy adjustments.