Forgive me if there is already a post about this. While I've been a frequent browser of this site for a while, I've never created a post myself.

Anyway! I'm from Tulsa and I have numerous friends that live in Oklahoma City. I'm a fan of both cities, and not into the whole, "OKC vs. Tulsa" rivalry. I really enjoy visiting my friends in OKC and going to Bricktown and seeing all the exciting changes that the city is experiencing. Along with going to as many OKC Thunder games that I can. I'm also a huge hockey fan. My father is originally from Wisconsin, so his love of the sport rubbed off on me.

One of my friends who played hockey in Tulsa with me when we were little lives in OKC now. We both always discuss about how awesome it would be if Oklahoma were to obtain an NHL team in the future. However, our ideas differ on what city the team would relocate to and the time in which it would occur.

My friend thinks that Oklahoma City could get a team in 5-10 years. While I personally think that Tulsa would be a better place for the team in about 15-20 years or so. I think that OKC could get an NHL teameventually, but I just don't think 5-10 years is a realistic timespan. OKC's population would need to reach close to 2 million in the metro area before they could support an NHL team along with an NBA team. If basketball and hockey season weren't at the same time, it could possibly work. But I believe that the competiton for attendance between the two teams would be too much for it to survive.

However, I'm only 19 years old and not really all that knowledgeable about things such as this. I would appreciate it if someone would give me their thoughts on this matter. CAN Oklahoma land an NHL team in 15-20 years? (if they're willing to expand or relocate a team of course) And what city would be the best fit?