I am kinda bored and I was kinda missing trains, and tired of driving.. I had an idea to take a train down to San Antonio and hang out there for a few days, but I was realizing it doesn't seem very easy to do. Apparently it's $85 each way, they don't do student discounts, and it's a 12 hour train ride... the last time I booked a 12 hour train ride was across Poland, it cost me about $15, and it ended up being an insane 18 hour train ride.

There is something wrong with Amtrak if it costs this much (like $160) and is 12 hours just to go to Texas. People may find it odd that some folks who don't use the transportation infrastructure are the ones who argue the hardest for more trains and stuff, or same with bus system and the local streetcar advocates, but this transit infrastructure is simply not usable. It just isn't worth a damn. San Antonio is a 7-8 hour drive. Trains should at least be able to keep up with car travel, both time-wise and cost-wise, especially if the route only has a 1-hr layover in Ft. Worth.