I went. It was interesting. Carter Burgess "unveiled" their concept master plan for light rail in the OKC metro. There was probably 35 people there who talked about the possibilities. Routes indicated over 25 years would stretch from Norman to Edmond with express busses in HOV lanes up Northwest Expressway and the airport.

However, I aggree with Mick Cornet; the use/support for Light Rail will require "a change in mentality by our citizens". He is quite correct. Most people do not appreciate public transportation and are bound to there cars.

One segment of Carter-Burgess's plan calls for a local "Modern Street Car" throughout downtown. I think that they should install that first as it would be a minimum investment and people would support it as more people move downtown. It would also help alleviate the parking disparity by allowing people to park in other places and use the street car to get in.

The most important part is that people from all over will be pleasantly surprised and expect expansion of the system. Then they can move into the other "commutter" areas.

This needs to be part of Maps III. Since it looks like Henry will stomp Istook out office, maby it will slip through the Mormon Mophia.

Portland, Dallas, Jacksonville, San Francisco started small and grew. We need to do this for our future.