I had an idea about 10 years ago when I learned about the proposed expansion of the airport. This idea was to start a new airline that would have its hub here in OKC.
This airline would connect OKC to many of the other large metro areas that are not serviced by one of the airlines already operation out of OKC.

Western cities serviced would include, San Francisco, LA(Ontario), Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Diego, Billings, Boise, Tempe, Albuquerque, El Paso, New Orleans, Omaha,
Eastern cities serviced, would include, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Louisville, Buffalo, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Birmingham, Charleston, Jacksonville(FL), Miami
The airline would service just a few cities to begin with in order to generate the capital to add more routes. The main obstacle was the find the investors. It would take an incredible amount of start up. Even though, tt that time I began putting together a business plan but then September 2011 happened, I pretty much abandoned the idea because of the affect it had on the airline industry.

It seems that with so many of the airlines going belly up or merging, OKC is becoming less of a target for airlines. This to me would only justify the possibility of such an airline becoming a reality, especially with the growth the NBA seems to have sparked here.

All that being said, I don't know if it would work in OKC. There is no doubt a great percentage of the passengers would be transit. Usually this is a obstacle to the health of a hub airport. Example CVG.

Maybe it is too little to late for such a proposal. Just a dream of mine that maybe I should of continued to pursue. What do you think