Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Spartan and OKCMallen - this debate can be waged on two angles (three really).

1. Is the LFL a stable league that will improve the image of OKC?
We have debated this at length. Either you think it could harm the chillens and turn good husbands away from their wives, or you think it could be a flash in the pan that lasts for a year or two and just gets OKC a little bit of hip publicity for real cheap.

2. Is the LFL a reputable form of entertainment?
There are different standards you can use for this. Keep in mind, some people are so backwards they didn't want the NBA in Oklahoma or didn't see it's value. Keep in mind, 46% voted against the NBA sales tax because they'd rather their tax go toward other..nonuseful govt things and not attracting an NBA team. Kerry, obviously you don't think it's reputable. I do, or at least I can see the potential mass appeal for such events.

3. Is the City required to make the arena available to anyone that wants it?
This is irrelevant, or the answer is yes. The people did not pay to build that arena so that city politicians can leverage it for political capitol. They built it to get events, pure and simple. These are games that would bring large crowds of college-aged guys to downtown who would most certainly spend money in Bricktown afterward.

I think the answer to all three of those questions is No.
Kerry, you have recklessly applied your inability to see things from other points of view than your own to potential moral issues more than once, and this is another one of those occasions.