Anyone remember the Park-O-Tell, north of the state capitol on Lincoln, about a block north of Beverly's Chicken-In-The-Rough? Though I didn't live in Oklahoma City during my high school years, I spent time there and remember it well, it being the scene of some great shaving-cream fights in-and-out-of the rooms there when my Lawton High School debate team stayed there during visits to the city between 1959-1961.

One of my initial blog posts in 2006 has just been majorly updated, prompted by queries from a guy from New York City who used the Park-O-Tell when teaching students "English as a Second Language" way up there in NYC. Why this piece of OKC was chosen, I don't know. His students wondered about several things ... including, as he said,

They did have more than one room, didn't they?

Since you're familiar with the interior: Were the rooms upstairs? Was the garage on the first floor or underneath? Did you drive up to the reception desk like at the drive-thru at McDonalds? What building is there now? ...
You might think those are ridiculous questions, but I had used this postcard in an ESL (English as a Second Language) class a couple of years ago and those are some of the questions I was asked.

Thanks to the New Yorker guy who was interested in this piece of Oklahoma City history, I was encouraged to do more research than I did when the initial post was made in July 2006.

The updated article is here: Doug Dawgz Blog: North on Lincoln: The Park-O-Tell