I know there is a post for Moore but I found this big enought o have its' own discussion.

Warren Theatres, out of Wichita, Kan., announced today it will be building a 150,000-square-foot, 20-plex movie theater in Moore off Interstate 35.

The estimated cost for the theater is $30 million and it is scheduled to break ground within five months and be completed next December.

The theater will be situated off 19th Street in south Moore on a 25-acre site west of I-35 and off Telephone Road. The 20-plex will sit behind a Wal-Mart Superstore and be the north anchor of the growing commercial development off 19th Street, including the Riverwalk retail area.

Warren Theatres Founder and President Bill Warren said his theaters are distinct in that they are reminiscent of the grand cinemas of yester-year, including art deco architectural elements, luxury terrazo marble and granite flooring and detailing and plaster sculpted ceilings. However, he said his theaters have the modern touches, as well, and include custom-designed, high-back recliner seats.

As well, the theater will be the metropolitan area's first theater to include balcony seating (for an extra $15 fee), custom designed love seats, at-your-seat dining and cocktail services, a lounge, and an intimate sitting area featuring a fireplace. The theater also will house a "Forties-style" soda fountain, game room and crying room for families.

In an Oklahoma City press conference today, Warren said the theater will be the largest 20-plex in the world, complete with 80 foot wide wall-to-wall screens and waterfall draperies which will rise when the movie is about to start. And, unlike other cineplexes, the Warren Theatre will not feature advertising on its screens prior to movie showings.

However, Warren said, his theater's tickets prices will be comparable to other theaters in Oklahoma.

Currently, Warren Theatres is comprised of a handful of theaters in the Wichita, Kan., and Springfield, Mo., areas. As to why Warren chose Moore to build his company's largest theater he said: "We really looked around and because of Moore's growth and the highway access and certainly because of the warm reception from the mayor and all of the people, it was a really good choice."

Warren, who used to own some years ago a theater in Tulsa and the former Shepherd Twin Theater at Shepherd Mall, added: "I love Oklahoma City, always have. We've been looking to come to the Oklahoma City area for 24 months.

When the Warren Theatre in Moore is completed next year, it will employ about 200 people dressed in "uniforms reminiscent of Radio City Music Hall," be safety patrolled, be equipped with automatic ticket machines and conduct ticket sales via the phone and Internet, as well.

Spangenberg Phillips Architecture, out of Wichita, KS is heading the design of the complex, Warren said, and the bidding for a general contractor soon will commence.- OKCBusiness.com