Everyone:

I took liberty to email our city leadership about this site and received the following response. It is GREAT to hear our city leaders as enthusiastic and supportive of the Renaissance effort that has taken place downtown for the last 15 years.

Hopefully this momentum will surely continue. (Note, Dave even uses a variation of our slogun - the Renaissance will indeed Continue!). The following is his reply.

Hot Rod,

Thanks for the advisory about OKCTalk and about your enthusiasm for
downtown. We will add you to our e-newsletter mail list to keep you
posted on downtown activities. We also look forward to seeing the ideas
that emerge from the forum or any that you care to pass on directly.
With the help of you and other stakeholders, the renaissance will indeed
continue.

Dave Lopez
DowntownOKC
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 9:15 PM
To: OKC Leadership emails
Subject: OKCTalk.com - A new forum online discussing Downtown Oklahoma
City

To:
Honourable Mayor, City of Oklahoma City
DowntownOKC.com
Oklahoma City Convention and Visitor Bureau
Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce
Bricktown Association

Good day to you:

I just wanted to bring to your attention a web forum that discusses many issues about downtown Oklahoma City and the renaissance that has been going on called OKCTalk.com. This email is addressed to the leadership of Oklahoma City and key contacts thereof. Please forward as necessary.

At OKCTalk, people who really care about downtown OKC post and share ideas
and frustrations. We discuss issues concerning the progress and development of Oklahoma City, especially downtown and Bricktown.

While many of the discussions are pipe-dreams, many could serve as
visions or ideas for your organization and the leadership of Oklahoma City in
general. We have come-up with interesting monikers and phrases for
Oklahoma City and downtown, such as Oklahoma City - The Renaissance City and
"Continue the Renaissance." We also conduct polls about issues and venues downtown (such as the new name of the galleria garage) and Oklahoma City.

Originally, I and many members belonged to a forum from the Daily Oklahoman
back in the mid 1990s. When the paper closed their forum, we moved to a city run forum and eventually to OKCTalk. Many of the original members (of the renaissance as we say) have joined on and we are trying to get the word out especially to city officials as we believe our ideas could add to or improve our downtown and city. OKCTalk began as a forum for posters to address issues concerning Oklahoma City and has become a great resource about information downtown and a forum for discussion. We have members on the forum from Oklahoma as well as other states, as I live in Seattle.

I invite you to check out the site at http://www.okctalk.com and add it to your toolbox of resources whenever you want a sounding-board or opinion about a downtown development. You can browse for free or join as a member to add to the discussion (hopefully inform us when there is good news downtown).

Thank you and please Continue the Renaissance in downtown Oklahoma City!
and drop in at the site.

Hot Rod