The Beatnix Cafe on 13th street between Robinson and Broadway opened 3 weeks ago and I had the opportunity to eat there today. In sum: this place is awsome.

First, the decor. As you can tell from the name, the Beatnix Cafe gives off a retro-1950s theme. There are a lot of posters from the 1950s in the coffee shop. The place has a really warm and unique feeling to it. One thing this place is not is bland. There are a lot of cool colorful decorations and posters. It does this without looking cluttered.

The Food: While this is a coffee shop, they serve alot more than just coffee. They serve pastries, sandwiches, salads and smoothies. For $7.50, I had a big chicken-salad sandwich with a choice of a side and a drink. Sides included potato salad, fruit cup, cole slaw, brocoli salad or chips. The sandwich was great and included walnuts, grapes and other assorted ingredients. It had a very fresh taste to it.

The place is open from 7am-8pm on weekedays and is open on Saturdays as well. It offers free-wifi. I know that it can be difficult for coffee shops to make it, but I really hope this one does well. The food selection and quality, along with the decor makes the Beatnix Cafe a standout.

You can view the website at the Beatnix Cafe | Welcome | 405 604-0211

Oklahoma City, OK 73103