Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
The bathrooms are great. Really I just enjoy the ridiculousness of it on a long road trip, but I generally only ever stop once on the way to where ever I am going. They do have really good popcorn and cherry sours, though. I have a T-Shirt, again, because I enjoy the ridiculousness of it. If we had one locally, I would literally never go to it.

Really I like the one in Ennis, TX because it is about half way to Galveston and I like the one in Leed, AL because when I am pulling my boat to the lake in Alabama I need gas by then and it always has the cheapest ethanol free gas around to fill up the boat. I get in and get out pretty quick though.

I personally wish they'd build one on the East of Little Rock and/or West Memphis. All of the options to stop in Arkansas are terrible and nasty.
I just stopped at the one in Ennis on my way to Galveston 3 weeks ago because of this very reason. It's easy, we can get food, gas, go to the bathroom, walk around for 30 minutes or so, then get back to the road trip.

I've always thought Buc-ees would probably be halfway between Dallas and OKC for this reason. It's such a great stop on road trips, so putting themselves halfway between 2 commonly travel destinations is a good idea. I'd bet that when they picked Ennis, TX they knew people from OKC metro would use it going to Houston/Galveston.

I had been on the Ardmore bandwagon, but i really question if they are too big, and maybe too close to the store in Denton. If you go halfway bewtween that store and OKC, you get a little further North near Springer, OK. it's a rural community, and there are already a couple interchanges near there for easy on/off I35. If I were a Buc-ees rep I think that has some potential for a location and would capture a lot of cars going to and from OKC to DFW.