https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/73770735007/

So i was reading through this article and is struck me about how misleading surveys like this are.

If you read this, you're going to think man, my dollar isn't getting me as much land as it used to. But that's not the case. It's not differentiating between rural/suburban/urban OKC. Did you see how it says the average was 3.70 acres? Who here in this forum as an almost 4 acre lot or has even seen one outside of rural OKC?

That this tells ME, is that rural OKC (Which there is far more of than not) is converting over to more dense development as people sell their land as they retire/age or pass away and family sells it. As we develop that land into subdivisions, of course the lot size is smaller. But the land itself, is creating a much higher tax than it was before (and of course an increased utility demand drain).

I rolls my eyes when i read articles like this from the Oklahoma or other places that do these surveys. They mislead with the statistics instead of taking the time to tell the story. Each of the cities listed have a different reason for why whatever is happening. They just plop out stats like this with absolutely zero discussion. Not responsible journalism.