I don't think I saw a thread on the Fair Oaks Urban Center, so figured it would be worth starting. Lots of new development is going to be coming to this area that is the current Robson Ranch. Robson family are the developers behind Forest Ridge and a lot of residential stuff in the Eastern Tulsa County and Rogers County areas.

Facebook is planning on building their AI data center project here on one of the ~200 acre parcels Robson is giving to the City of Tulsa. Site is within Catoosa school district. Not surprised by that given that the Google data center in Pryor is where a lot of the AI projects data center wise are being done for Google. Won't mean a ton of jobs but these data centers are $$ gold for school districts. Initial phase is going to be $800 million with likely expansion over several years.

The portions of the Robson Ranch being retain by him is going to be developed into what is being said as the largest new urbanist community in the United States. Will be slightly bigger than Central Park in Denver (formerly known as Stapleton) and bigger than the Muller redevelopment in Austin. Robson is married to a Walton as well and was already very independently wealthy with a lot of master plan development experience. The residential areas will be mostly along the corridor of the quarry lakes/large ponds on the east side of the Creek Turnpike. They are planning to modify these some and will 'navigable' for kayaks, etc.

The land donate to the City of Tulsa was in exchange for the water treatment facility being built and other infrastructure upgrades. This is the site that Tesla was considering for the CyberTruck plant. That's what got all this rolling was the fact that one of Tesla's biggest complaints was lack of supportive housing and that if a large 'mega' project went into this area that there isn't development ready or capacity to scale up development quickly like there is in areas like Austin. This site was also passed over in second place for the Ford Lightning EV plant and a few other 'confidential' mega projects that looked at the site since Tesla. Same issue Mid America is dealing with as well and this would be a big 'gap' filler on the 412 corridor (future I-42) between Tulsa and Pryor area that could serve double duty as housing for Tulsa area projects or Port of Inola projects or Mid America projects (the residential portion is 25 miles from the Google Data center site & ~10 miles to Port of Inola site). I'm sure the connection with the Waltons is a motivation as well given the push by that family and Kaiser/others in Tulsa to align more with NWA and further develop that corridor between the two regions.