Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
I had a random question while driving on the new I-335 today. Isn't it weird that the exits/mile markers are numbered as if the road goes all the way to the state line? I feel like the exits/mile markers are numbered on most bypasses as to the end of that road. The exit numbers basically line up with those of I-35. It's like on I-240, the exits are numbered from 1 to 14.

I am also guessing that since I-240 exit 1 is at the termination at I-44, they will have to renumber exits to extend it to the I-344 interchange. I guess matching the bypass exit numbers to the main route exit numbers eliminates the risk of having to renumber all the exits in the case of future expansions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 5.52.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	18700
It looks like they did similar on 344, basically continuing the exiting numbers from 44/Turner Turnpike, though in that case it basically is the mainline continuing on like it were one turnpike, which for their mantence purposes it practically is. Since 44 was not really build as one road, as 35 and 40 had been, but badging a few ring road segments and multiple turnpikes to look like a planned long route so it has to exit onto itself multiple times in OKC and a couple times in Tulsa. Ironically if 44 had not happened at the time, may have ended up called our whole inner ring 240 decades before trying it with the mostly turnpike ring more recently.

Also it google update maps, so 344 is now showing up north of 40, though does not have either 344 south of 40 or the 240 extension.