Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
I don't love aligning myself with Catholic Sooner on any topic really

But seriously, Pete, have you actually played a season of fantasy football before? I'm wondering if you're missing out on some basic understanding of how it works. The Courts which have ruled that fantasy is not gambling came to that conclusion after some heavy analysis. It makes sense to me, but that's probably because I play traditional fantasy football and understand why/how it's so different from the likes of FanDuel and DraftKings.

So, have you played?
Yes, I stated this very early on. I'm sure this is meant as a gotcha question but no dice (pun intended).

In fact, I was in rotisserie baseball way back in the early 80s.

I left all these fantasy sports when it went online and allowed people to become obsessed with it and have multiple teams. At that point it went from a few friends getting together in person to draft and have fun (we'd also meet to watch the baseball all-star game) to this crazed thing it has become which in my view is no different than just wagering on games or any other type of sports betting.

I don't like gambling of any kind. I don't do March Madness pools or any of that stuff... It's just a terrible way to spend money, which has been proven a million different ways. Especially when it comes to sports, there is plenty to make them interesting than just the thrill of risking money.