Quail Springs certainly is not the shopping destination it once was, but they have held their ground as an entertainment and lifestyle center with Round One, AMC 24, Blue Zoo, and Lifestyle Fitness. I bet Von Maur wishes things went differently when they entered the market and had an opportunity at PSM. The area around Quail remains a retail corridor for sure. But as you mentioned with PSM, I don't know how JCP and Macy's are maintaining. Quail lost their Macy's a few years back in favor of Lifestyle and the Dillard's at QSM for the most part feels like 1987.

Woodland Hills is managed by Simon Property Group, as is PSM, and though it gives off Quail Springs Mall vibes with its location and mall layout in south Tulsa, it certainly is the closest thing to Penn Square Mall. Woodland Hills is building/getting Scheels Sporting Goods where Sears use to be on the west side, and apparently will be a destination type store like a Bass Pro Shops with interactive exhibits and a ferris wheel.

One of my concerns for both AMC Penn and Quail is how much longer they can maintain their market share with places like Flix, Showbiz, and others executing the movie, meal, recliner concept. AMC Quail has received minimal updates since they opened 25 years ago outside of the 4 larger theaters at the front. Penn Square AMC was one of the first with the recliners in OKC, but now almost every comparable place has that setup.